Re: [CQ-Contest] Best & worst scenarios - 3830 postings

To: CQ Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Best & worst scenarios - 3830 postings
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 09:04:34 -0600
On 9/1/2008 5:45 AM, Eric Hall, K9GY wrote:

> All that I am saying is if you have a top score then you should
> post to 3830 so that in this scenario the original five don't
> have to wait NINE months to find out they aren't the top five.

So what?  If those top 5 guys DID post their scores right away, it's not
like the displaced ops can re-run the contest to try to improve their
score.  Before 3830, they were going to find out eventually they didn't
make the top 5.  So what's different now?  Or is this just the typical
21st century obsession with instant information?

3830 is VOLUNTARY.  Submitting your log to the sponsor is VOLUNTARY (but
mandatory if you want to try to win).  Following the contest rules is
VOLUNTARY (but mandatory if you want to submit your score).

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us