Re: [CQ-Contest] Best & worst scenarios - 3830 postings

To: n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Best & worst scenarios - 3830 postings
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:44:17 -0500 (CDT)
VHF+ contesting is certainly a whole different ball game.  I do both HF
and VHF+. I definitely have to shift gears when doing VHF contests.
Sometimes I sit for a half hour with no new QSO's in the log and sometimes
I'm kept so busy running bands that I miss out on people. The August
UHF contest was like that for me.  I was evidently square in the middle of
a tropo opening that ran up to at least 10 GHz (my highest band) and was
good in all directions from me for over 400 miles.

HF contesters usually have 6 bands to run. I usually have 10 in the VHF
contests. When it's hopping, it's exciting.

73, Zack W9SZ