Re: [CQ-Contest] Writelog vs. N1MM

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Writelog vs. N1MM
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 06:46:13 -0400
At 11:27 PM 9/4/2008, Tom Osborne wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I am using N1MM with the DXD and it switches everything--receive and tranmit
>audio for SSB, CW and RTTY.  It is on the LPT port, though.  73
>Tom W7WHY

For those of you worried about obsolescence, as fewer and fewer new
computers include an LPT port, Piexx (www.piexx.com) makes a port
translator that connects to a USB port and provides all of the standard
SO2R control signals, 2-radio band data, and a radio control COM port.  The
SO2RXlat will work with any logger that supports the MicroHam control
protocol, a list that includes N1MM and, I believe, Writelog, as well as
Win-Test.  The unit is reviewed in my NCJ "Software for Contesters" column
in the May/June 2008 issue.

For the record, I worked with Chris at Piexx as he developed the product,
but I have no financial interest - I'm just a cheerleader.

73, Pete N4ZR