Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange

To: mjc5@psu.edu
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange
From: "David Levine" <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:26:21 -0500
Not sure, but not during this contest but a RTTY contest within the last
month, someone sent me a report of 577 so  I put that in as the the report.

As for repeating the call in the report, it does seem unnecessary. I read
other emails in this thread and it seems to be just based on tradition.
During this weekends contest, the only thing it was useful for was when I
tuned a specific freq and could catch the report before the originating CQ
to see who was the op on the freq.

There was someone else in the thread that indicated the callsign was part of
the report in the cabrillo file but I don't think that is correct, or at
least no represented that way. The report doesn't contain the call sign. The
QSO record does, but it does so even if it wasn't part of the report. My 3
cents.

David - K2DSL