Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange

To: "'Mark Beckwith'" <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:29:28 -0000
Precisely, Mark.

To quote the rule,

4. Exchange: The required exchange consists of:

        4.1. A consecutive serial number;
        4.2. Precedence;
                4.2.1. "Q" for Single Op QRP (5 Watts output or less);
                4.2.2. "A" for Single Op Low Power (up to 150 W output);
                4.2.3. "B" for Single Op High Power (greater than 150 W
output);
                4.2.4. "U" for Single Op Unlimited;
                4.2.5. "M" for Multi-Op;
                4.2.6. "S" for School Club;
        4.3 Your Callsign;
        4.4. Check
                4.4.1. The last 2 digits of the year of first license for
either the operator or the station.
                4.4.2. The same Check must be used the entire contest.
        4.5. ARRL/RAC Section

(Example: NU1AW would respond to W1AW's call by sending: W1AW 123 B NU1AW 71
CT, which indicates QSO number 123, B for Single Op High Power, NU1AW, first
licensed in 1971, and in the Connecticut section.)

That pretty well explains it and also gives the order in which the data is
to be sent. Deviating from that pattern only serves to throw people off of
the generally accepted format and why would anyone want to do that except to
be difficult?

73 -- Paul VO1HE