Re: [CQ-Contest] Valid SS QSO

To: <ih772@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Valid SS QSO
From: "Roberts, Will" <Will.Roberts@pgnmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:04:25 -0500
I worked the same guy because I needed KP4 for a multiplier. He gave me
his call, a number and precedent. I stuck with it and asked him for the
"year he was first licensed" and "confirm you're in Puerto Rico". You
have to pull it out of them just like the guy who answers your CQ with
"I'm not in the contest - just calling to give you a point". You walk
them through step-by-step. It's all good as long as the required
information is exchanged.

I try to take a bit of time with the "not in the contesters", especially
if he sounds like a newbie. There is at least a spark of interest there
because he took the time to call. Maybe that Check 07 or 08 that you
helped walk through the exchange this year will become a contesting
regular.

73,

Will AA4NC / W4MR