Re: [CQ-Contest] Valid SS QSO

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Valid SS QSO
From: I H <ih772@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:24:31 -0800 (PST)
When I heard him, a W6 asked him what year he was first licensed and he said
"xx or yy I don't remember the year."(I'm not going to post the actual numbers
he said) The very next qso someone asked him the year he was first licensed and
he said, in a bewildered tone, "Of course I'm licensed" and then continued to
give just a serial number and precedence.

I understand your technique of extracting the info out of the casual operators
cruising the band, there may be a few pieces of lumber hanging on the wall of
my shack. ;-)

So getting back to my original question, should the qso be counted if he wasn't
giving the whole exchange and or once in a while just coming up with a check
that changed several times as the contest progressed. (something I heard him a
do a couple of times in the five minutes I listened to him). How would the log
checking software know what check was really the correct one if the guy doesn't
submit his log.

 I wonder how many guys will be bummed if the qso isn't counted.