Re: [CQ-Contest] Valid SS QSO

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Valid SS QSO
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:55:56 -0500
I bet that KP4 is not sending in a log.  If he does all QSOs made are
worthless.  Such an instance is not uncommon in contests.

How about the following which happened to me over the years:

1.    The Dx station in the WPX who sent the same serial number to several
stations.

2.    The Dx station in the ARRL DX who never would send his power (or a
power figure).  Years ago on paper logs you could record "no power given"
and the QSO would count.  How about "00"?
I got FK8CP to count on 160 in the early 90's this way.

3.    The station in the SS who sent a different check
at times during the contest.  This is not unique to club stations or multis.

4.    The station in the CQ WW who only sent a signal report.   Usually this
is the case with stations answering your CQ BUT not always.

Contesting is fun HUH!

Dave K4JRB