Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:17:29 -0000
In any competitive human activity, it's usual for the actions
of competitors to be subject to public scrutiny.  How else can
the winners be determined without endless bickering from the
losers?

This applies whether the winners get prizes or merely bragging
rights.

With the publication of contest logs, much of the opportunity
for bickering is removed - unless, of course, a log shows the
entrant broke one or more rules, or there is evidence of such.

Apart from casual contesters who don't expect to win anything,
to withhold a contest log seems a bit extreme.  A protest it
may be, but the inferences are often negative.

I have declined to submit logs where I didn't agree with the
contest rules - it didn't stop me taking part and having fun.
But it seems to be an odd option for a "super-station", a
potential winner, considering the time and expense involved
for all concerned.

73,
Paul EI5DI