Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs
From: "Albert Crespo" <f5vhj@orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:06:10 -0000
It would not be surprised if 6Y1V contacts start to show up in logs in
greater frequency then in the past. Since there will be no way to verify
6Y1V QSOs, this multiplier is ripe to be added to those who have "creative"
logs.
Many contacts get logged that are questionable because of QRM, QRN, or
whatever that are later labeled NIL. That is nothing new.
In the old days before electronic logs, these questionable contacts just got
counted in most cases because of the sheer enormity of verification for
every contact. Now they can be weeded out through the useage of electronic
logs.
If everyone followed the stand of 6Y1V, then we would go back to old days of
paper logging when verifying contacts was very hit and miss. It would damage
the whole system of trying to make sure that accuracy counts.
I doubt many will want to go back to this old system which was subject to
abuse and arbitrary evaluation of logs.
If you do not want to play the game by the rules, try to change the rules.
If you cannot do so, then you don't play  the game.
As for public logs, when I bother to check why I am not in somebody's log
that I have received a NIL , it is helpful to me to find out if someone was
so off base in copying my call that I am not in it, or that that person
never actually heard the QSO and the fault was at my end.