Re: [CQ-Contest] No US DX Only - ARRL DX

To: "CQ_Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No US DX Only - ARRL DX
From: mwdink@eskimo.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:01:01 -0800 (PST)
<snip>
>Now, consider the amateur in a more difficult to work state or province,
>who has spent considerable time and effort, not to mention money, and is
>trying to win the contest but must work hundreds of 0 point stations
>whom may be covering up weaker DX stations calling, one that count for
>valuable points and multipliers.
<snip>

Actually, this happened twice to me this weekend alone and we
aren't rare. Twice I had stateside 0 pointers call in at the
same time as DX called in. Once, the guy was very insistant
that he get worked first (maybe he didn't hear the DX - I'll
give him the benefit of the doubt). I worked and logged them
all but this could be an issue for Big Guns.

73
dink, n7wa