Re: [CQ-Contest] No US DX Only - ARRL DX

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No US DX Only - ARRL DX
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:01:44 -0500
David Kopacz wrote: "In a CW contest, sending "DX ONLY PSE" or "US ONLY PSE"
is not rude. On the other hand, it is quite rude for the same station to
continue
calling after hearing that message."

Personally, I think that you give far too much credit to the "other"
station! They are not expecting "DX ONLY PSE" or "US ONLY PSE"! They may
have looked at part of the rules, and are expecting the exchange, and they
know what that is, but any thing else is unexpected, and, in most cases, not
understood, or copied? There are a few stations, that know me personally,
that will send my name, prior to the exchange. It brings a smile to my face,
but when it first started, the "string of dits" that are the first three
characters or my name, brought surprise, rather than a smile.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW