Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Plaques - Who should win them?

To: "David Levine" <david@levinecentral.com>, "'Richard L. King'" <k5na@ecpi.com>, "'Russell Hill'" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Plaques - Who should win them?
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:06:50 -0600
This idea sounds like a redistribution of wealth scheme to me.

In the first place, what does a plaque represent? Is it a prestigious award
for the pinnacle of achievement or a token of participation? When you
redistribute the 1st place plaques to "also rans", you diminish the value of
the awards for everyone. If you're the 1st runner up and need a plaque that
bad, satisfy your ego and go to a trophy shop to have one made up and nail
it to your wall.

Looking at it another way, just because you have a pile of 100 plaques, but
only 75 1st place winners, doesn't mean you need to give out the remaining
25 awards.

This isn't kindergarten. Well, on the other hand, maybe it is...

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN