Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Plaques - Who should win them?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Plaques - Who should win them?
From: "Russell Hill" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 03:00:58 -0000
Richard, if  that were to happen, then I would have taken 2nd World, 2nd
N.A., 2nd USA, etc.

My accomplishment would have been 2nd to yours.  I would be very proud of
that.

You should be recognized as Top in all categories you won, and I would not
have earned or accomplished being Top in any of them.  I would not want a
plaque which proclamed otherwise.

I actually did receive some sort of certificate for a higher place than I
earned, in this same sort of situation, for some contest in the 80s as
K5UCV.  The certificate did not mean much to me because it claimed I had won
something which I did not actually win.  I never hung it on my wall.  In my
heart of hearts, I knew I did not deserve it.

My sense is that if the sponsors inflate the supply of awards, then the
value of each reward is reduced.

Rusty