Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking

To: Randy Thompson K5ZD <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:23:13 -0700
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:06:06AM -0000, Randy Thompson K5ZD wrote:

> I was very surprised to discover that I also lost credit for all QSOs where
> the other station made a copying error [in the RDXC].

> If you are not serious in the contest -- please don't send in your log.
> This will just cause lost points for the other stations.

I don't think this advice is necessarily warranted.  On aggregate, you
are no more likely to lose points because of other ops' copying errors than
your competition is likely to lose point because of those same ops' copying
errors.  Unless you are somehow more likely to attract the flakes on the air
than the stations you are competing against, it doesn't put you at a
disadvantage.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com