Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking

To: Mark Beckwith <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:34:05 +0100
Mark Beckwith wrote::

> ...that a good operator gets penalized for errorless operation on his
> part and no knowledge of error on the part of another is: unreasonable.

Happens in WWDX, too. Soft- or hardwarecrash, a running station deleting
a difficult qso afterwards when in doubt, deleting a qso to escape band
change rules - and your earn a NIL even when you are innocent. But
incentives to improve accuracy with respect to the sending stations,
too, aren´t too bad per se. I quickly looked at the RDXC top ten in
SOAB-HP mix and CW and found only very few minor changes in ranking - so
no devastating effect of the "unreasonable" rule.
Have fun - and PLEASE log my qrp-signal!
73, Chris