Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:50:56 -0500
Chris said:

> ...you earn a NIL even when you are innocent.

Correct that someone can cause you to have a NIL through no fault of your
own.  That sometimes (always?) falls under the heading "Bad Form."*  I think
this discussion is not about that, Chris.  I would not call the RDXC rule an
"incentive to improve accuracy" although I can see your point, but even if I
send 100% accurately at all times is no guarantee everyone else is going to
copy accurately.

Mark, N5OT

 * Bad Form - So your computer crashed and you know you worked people that
aren't in your log but you send in your log anyway?  Bad Form.  So you
didn't keep track of your band changes and you need to delete some QSOs to
make your log appear "legal"?  Bad Form squared.

Knowingly submitting an incomplete log for competition is in Bad Form unless
you notify the log checkers specifically so they can respond accordingly.