Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking

To: "CQ-Contest Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest Log Checking
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:26:02 -0500
"If you are not serious in the contest -- please don't send in your log.
This will just cause lost points for the other stations.

Randy, K5ZD"

I've not often disagreed with Randy, but here's one of the rare
instances.

I realize it's frustrating to be penalized, but asking "non serious"
contesters not to send their logs simply so we don't incur penalties is
just wrong. Instead, encouraging people to "do better" or try harder" is
a better approach. Heck, perhaps some of us need to slow down a bit on
CW!

I realize your next statement encompasses touches on this a bit, but you
have to realize people are just going to make mistakes and some more
than others and for a wide variety of reasons, such as, can't hear well,
can't copy well, dyslexia, can't type well, etc., etc.

;)

David ~ KY1V