Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Multi-Single Question

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX Multi-Single Question
From: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:31:32 -0400
Dana Roode wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We are planning an informal Multi-Single operation for the WPX contest
> next weekend.  I was checking the rules to see if a mult station is
> allowed, as is the case in CQ WW.  The Multi-Single paragraph from the
> rules is included below.  It doesn't really support a second
> transmitter for mults, just a second band within 10 minutes to go work
> a mult.  Of course, then I don't understand the statement about
> logging which transmitter made the QSO.
>
> So I guess no mult station - am I interpreting this right?
>
>     Dana, K6NR
>

> (a) Single-Transmitter (MULTI-ONE):
>
> Only one transmitter and one band permitted during a 10-minute period.
>
> Exception: One—and only one—other band may be used during a 10-minute
> period if—and only if—the station worked is a new multiplier.
>
> Ten-minute periods begin with the first logged QSO on a band.
>
> Contacts in violation of the rule should be shown in the log and will
> be removed without penalty during the log checking.
>
> The log must indicate which transmitter made each QSO (see rule XIII(b)).
>
> Maximum power allowed is 1500 watts total output.

Dana:  I think the multi-single rule is essentially the same in CQ WPX
as is the rule for CQ WW.  You can have another transmitter which can
work only multipliers on another band from the "run" station.  Each
station is limited as to band changes per hour.  The software keeps up
with which QSO is made by which station, after you designate one as the
"run" station and one as the "mult" station.  This is usually done by a
separate field at the extreme right of the Cabrillo file that contains
for each QSO either a "1" or a "2" or maybe it is either a "1" or a "0."
  You can change which station is the run and which is the mult station
during the contest.  This is usually done by typing in "Run" or "Mult"
in the callsign field of the logging program.  Someone who uses your
same logging program M/S may be able to be more specific as to your
particular program.    73, John, K4BAI.