[CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA
From: k4zw@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:31:13 +0000 (UTC)
“According to IARU Region I regulations, operation is not allowed in the
following contest-free windows”

I assume this means DARC is prepared to disqualify anyone logging WAE QSO’s in
these zones?  It’s an incredible waste of valuable spectrum.  Any one of us
could tune above 7025 kHz and find numerous open slots that will go unoccupied
(i.e. wasted) because of the notion of contest free zones.  Can you imagine
trying to contain 40 meter QSO's with region 1 during a big contest like CQWW
CW in just 25 kHz?  "we as contest sponsor are more or less bound to these
recommendations."  Thankfully the ARRL is handling it differently in Region 2.

Ken K4ZW