Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA
From: Fabian Kurz <mail@fkurz.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:03:50 +0200
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 04:11:17AM -0400, James  Cain wrote:
> I see the hand of the no-code digital mode dunderheads at work in
> this DARC restriction. And when the cries of protest arise, the DARC
> throws us a bone -- a whole 5 more kilohertz (7025-7030). They must
> do a lot better than that, like remove the restriction entirely.

As others have noticed, indeed common sense would dictate to simply
stick to the IARU bandplan and change the wording of the rules
accordingly. Make it a recommendation not a restriction.
7000kHz-7025kHz is "contest preferred". Period.

On a related note (shameless self promotion!):

There is a training program available for receiving QTCs at LCWO
("Learn CW Online"), http://lcwo.net/

LCWO is a browser-based environment to learn and practice Morse code,
available in 20 languages and it works with all modern browsers and
operating systems. The QTC trainer provides an excellent opportunity
to brush up your CW copying skills before WAE CW. Enjoy!
!

73 (and see you in WAE from DL1A),
--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Munich, Germany * http://fkurz.net/