[CQ-Contest] Re WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA

To: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <nn3w@cox.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 03:55:52 -0400
Rich:

Thanks for writing. Your comments 1-3 are right on and make good points,
especially about newcomers and those with smallish stations, who are the
heart of every contest.

But ... nothing seems to wake up the sheep, who seem to care only about the
10-Minute Rule, self spotting, and DQs.

It's very discouraging. But, who knows, maybe the DARC Contest Committee is
getting hate mail that we don't know about.

As for me, I will operate mostly above 7030. I'm sure I will be joined above
7030 by hundreds of other peanut whistle stations as well as all those
people who don't read the contest rules every year (that would include me).

Oh, I'll be on above 14060, too (which the new rules also stipulate and has
been absent from this discussion so far).

Cheers,

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
(trap vertical and a wire in a tree)