Re: [CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules
From: Mikael Larsmark <mike@sm3wmv.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:26:28 +0100
Hello

I think these new rules really, really destroy the M/S and M/2 category
in WPX. Now you remove the fun of having a bunch of ops running the
contest together. These new rules remove the point of having mult radios
which means less operating time for the ops and less fun. A lot of the
fun in WPX is the big number of mults that can be worked on the mult radios.

I don't really see the point in this? Why try to encourage people to
build smaller stations? It is not hard anymore to build a M/S station
with multiple radios, even if the 2nd radio is limited with maybe just
wire antennas it is still adding a lot of fun to the contest.

The M/2 category doesn't replace the old M/S category either, since you
still can't have "mult" only dedicated radios. Why not just leave the
categories as they are and instead add a M/S limited category in that
case with the above rules?

If this is added to avoid rubber clocking and parallel CQs which does
occur it's the wrong way to go. I guess you need to remove SO2R
possibility as single op soon to, since that can also be
abused...*shakes my head*

I was looking forward to do M/S in WPX but not anymore...

Mike, SM2WMV (SJ2W)
http://www.sj2w.se