Re: [CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules
From: Steve <ik4wmh@virgilio.it>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:32:59 +0000
Hello Jim,

Jac> Either you will use a second VFO to find WM5R, or more likely use packet
Jac> info to find him at a time you both are on the same band;
Jac>
Jac> Or you might drop that 99% running number to 95% and tune the bands a  bit.
Jac>  If you do, your old CQ frequency becomes available for someone else  to
Jac> use, which makes it a lot MORE FUN for someone else;
Jac>
Jac> Or you don't work WM5R but get some other DR2 to call in to keep your
Jac> multiplier total up.

They are all good advices but the main problem would still be in
place, all the M/S stations will be able to log *LESS* QSO's than the
previous years due to the ban of the second mult radio.

Less QSO's logged by the M/S stations means less QSO's for *ALL* the
other contesters.

Is it really a step forward? I don't think so.

Will the new rules bring more activity and more fun? Nope.

I guess the "tribander and single element" category was added to
accomodate the needs of the hardware challenged operators, they didn't
force every Single Operator with monobanders to downgrade to a
tribander and wires.

Will the next step be the ban of the SO2R contesting because the
hardware challenged Single Operators feel the second radio is an
unfair advantage? No? Then why take the fun away from the M/S and
leave the SO2R untouched?

Famous Sport Quotes:

"Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the Cambridge president is kissing
 the cox of the Oxford crew"
Harry Carpenter - BBC TV Boat Race 1977