Re: [CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules
From: LY8O <ly8o@ot.lt>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:50:29 +0200
Hello there,

The currently announced M/S limitations in the WPX contest in my opinion will
kill a part of interst in this category. I remember the time with 10min rule
for M/S without any exeptions - that was hard, especialy in the second part of
the contest. But because we was a "fanatic" team (perhaps some could remember
UK2BBB call) for contesting (and some still are :) ) - there was a three
operators by the radios at any time. We have had three working places connected
to one PA (with possibility to change the band just in few parts of second) but
this 10min limitation simply rejected the use of all our created setup. Funny?
Not for us...   And what was the funn when new WPX rules for M/S was created -
great fun not only for running op, but for s&p ops as well at least with one
"automatic" PA.
So I am not sure this is a good idea. Or you must create the similar
limitations for SO2R as well - as somebody wrote in earlier messages. But this
will be another step back...

So let it be said again: you can give nothing with the force, with the force
you can only take off...

I'd like to ask CC to think ones and ones again... We still have a time. And
let M/S teams will speak.

Thanks for your time and attention.

73, Remi LY8O