[CQ-Contest] Operating practices heard in SS SSB

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Operating practices heard in SS SSB
From: Mike/Shelley Ritz <micritz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:17:51 +0000 (UTC)
I want to add that I found the operating courtesy during SS Phone to be well
above average, considering how much QRM there was, especially on 20 and 40
meters.

We invited some new local hams to the shack this weekend to experience
"contesting beyond field day", and for the most part the "regular" contesters
on the other end were very patient in working with "first timers" to get the
complicated exchanges done.

Ending QSOs with out an acknowledgment seemed to be limited to just a few
stations.

A big KUDOS to the Q (QRP) stations trying to work people through all the QRM.
I don't think I could have that much patience. Kudos to them also for having
patience to live with us asking over and over for the exchange information
because they were fading in and out down in the noise......Not one gave up
until they were in the log.

73;
Mike, W7VO