Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating practices heard in SS SSB

To: kg5vk@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating practices heard in SS SSB
From: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:01:28 -0600
Paul,

Your team is a perfect example of Class (the right way to operate)

In past years our team has been frustrated by some ops
(two separate stations of the same mind set)
following us across 75 meters and even followed us in one band change
cqing right on top of us and re sending recordings of our cqs

most of we try and ignore them like we don't even hear them
and fortunately most of the time it works

This year our main problem on 75m was those that were on their second radio
and came back to our new cq Run freq after we got a pile of those wanting to
work us
and said they were already there
instead of a fight we qsy'd

More and more often it is hard to keep on the high side of the morality
when faced with devilish tatctics from others but we try and remain focused
on what is most important
having fun and being a gentlemen

73
steve