Re: [CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN

To: <kr2q@optimum.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN
From: Scott Currier <scott_currier@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:17:05 +0000
They appear to be saying that their routine and non emergency communications
are more important than everyone elses routine and non emergency
communications.

They also appear to be laying claim to 14.300 mHz which as you have already
said, they have no more right to it than anyone else does.

Because their petition is not based on a solid foundation I don't think it will
get anywhere.

One thing that they forget is that in an emergency it's nice if the station
handling the emergency has a good signal into the area, these people running
the net are not likely to be able to do as well as the contesters in that
regard. I'd feel better having a contester handling emergency traffic than some
net.

Besides, in an emergency I suspect that someone is going to tune around and
look for the strongest signal and call that person. The MMSN is not likely to
be the strongest signal unless it's the only signal on the band.

73 and good contesting.

Scott Currier

KT1B

Haverhill, MA