[CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: "wally" <wally@el-soft.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:14:27 +0300
Distance may be calculated from the center of each CQ Zone and this will be
sufficient in my humble opinion. ( as Fabian has done it in fact )
Then minimum distance per 1 pt should be 1000 km ?

For those not sending logs same approach may be used, because we know in
which CQ Zone they are. ( in almost all cases :-) !?! )

73 Wally LZ2CJ

Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
Val val at vip.bg
Sat Dec 12 22:59:46 PST 2009

First - there are many countries larger than 500 or 1000 km, or much more.
And the callsign information usually is not sufficient for determining
station's QTH.

Second - a lot of participants are not sending their logs, so we can't rely
on the coordinates, included in the log header.

73 Val LZ1VB