Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: Andrew <ac6wi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:05:54 -0500
On 12/12/09 13:54, K1TTT wrote:
> Ok, I've really got it this time. and its something everyone can do and is
> guaranteed to level the playing field.
>

> Ranking = sqrt(sin(pi*lastyearwinnerscore*(score - lastyearscore)^2)/
> (score^2 +
> lastyearscore^2)+sf/avergekindex-cosh(latitude)/tan(longitude-75)^3.4))

David, a nice simple calculation but you may want to tweak it by adding
the A-index and maybe a temperature variable (sweating in a hot contest
shack makes it more difficult).  Also, the missing parentheses (you
opened six parentheses but closed seven)  could make a big difference to
the final score depending where it is placed :)

Vy 73,

Andrew AC6WI