Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking with mismatched bands

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "David Levine" <david@levinecentral.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking with mismatched bands
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 23:53:08 -0600
> would say the band should be ignored.

Tree, I would argue the other side of this. Sweepstakes is supposedly a
contest of skill and accuracy. If an operator can't log the correct band,
this would fly in the face of that basic parameter of SS.

Regarding figuring out who's log is correct and who's isn't, I would think a
little judicious programming could determine the answer. One log or the
other is going to have a lot of band mismatches with other QSO's around the
time of the questionable contact. This should be simple to spot if both
stations are single transmitter. It might be a little more difficult if they
are both multi transmitter stations, but I wouldn't think it would be
impossible. Of course this is easy for me to say, being a back-seat
programmer that doesn't have to "make it so"!

David, I would challenge the other station who "blew it off" by checking off
the *Not in log* button in eQSL. The challenge would be to compare his
outgoing and incoming QSL boxes to see where others said he was operating at
the time. Of course he might no care, and that's a different situation
altogether.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN