Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut Number "J" - ASSISTED or MULTI?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut Number "J" - ASSISTED or MULTI?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:05:19 -0600
Some years ago, after a hiatus from ham radio for a while, I got back
on the air and participated in the ARRL DX comtest. I didn't know a
lot about cut numbers and also worked a lot of prefixes that weren't
in my old DXCC listings book. I was not on internet then.

After the contest I called up the ARRL Contesting desk and asked about
some of the prefixes such as S5, T9 that weren't in my DXCC book. The
gentleman I spoke with told me where they were located.

I also said several people had sent me "5NN ATT" and what did that
mean? He said it meant "100" and to log it as "100." No mention was
made of this being illegal or putting me in an assisted class.

This was right from the ARRL contest desk.

Some people are too picky.

73, Zack W9SZ