Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut Number "J" - ASSISTED or MULTI?

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>,CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut Number "J" - ASSISTED or MULTI?
From: Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:56:00 -0500
At 2/21/2010 07:32 PM, Zack Widup wrote:
>I didn't hear a single station senfing "/QRP". I did work two stations
>who sent "5" as their power. I'm glad none sent "E".
>:-)

I had a couple send /QRP.  I thought it would be obvious from their
report.  I had several 5 and even 4 reports.  One report that gave me
a chuckle was 100K.  Apparently the report was supposed to be 100 but
he ended the transmission with K.  But there was no character space
before the K so it came out as 100K.  No, it wasn't from that country
that usually sends 300 or now 500.

On a serious note, it makes it difficult to decode all the cut
numbers and such when everyone has a different style.  If a station
sends 1K, is it 1 watt with K as the "terminator" or is it 1000
watts?  One should think twice about sending K at the end of their
transmission in this particular contest.