Re: [CQ-Contest] a little more fairness?

To: 'Charles Harpole' <k4vud@hotmail.com>, 'Contest Internet' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] a little more fairness?
From: Alan Leith <aleith@syd.eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 11:31:43 -0400
Sorry, Charlie.  As a little pistol who seldom makes it through the pileups
to SE Asia during contests, I couldn't disagree more.  The operators who
know enough to swing their beams to the area should be rewarded with the
same points as everyone else in the test.   The point system is the point
system.  No reason in the world to make it different for certain areas.  It
is easier for me to work Europe than the west coast of North America but I
get zero points for Canadians 4000 km away and only 2 points for US and the
rest of North America.  Now that, to me, is unfair.  But I live with it.

73

Al, VE1AL