Re: [CQ-Contest] a little more fairness?

To: "Charles Harpole" <k4vud@hotmail.com>, "Contest Internet" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] a little more fairness?
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:33:58 +0500
I only see your Nr 5 argument as  a reason. All the other reasons are
applicable to many other places (south of zone 17, VK and ZL, zone 1 etc). I
did contest from zones 22 and 28. The results achievable from there with
pretty simple setup are not even dreamed about from my home zone 17.
Propagation down there in the south is so much better. This year 8Q7DV,
Vitalij (RN4WA) made 4400 QSO and over 5.6 mil points having no 160 meters
antenna at all and using just vertical dipoles on 20-15-10. That is about
the result of a well equipped SOAB HP entry with  high monobanders from zone
17. I do not think that doubling points for these zones would be fair at
all.

73, Igor UA9CDC