Re: [CQ-Contest] West of the Mississippi advantage?

To: "Bryon PAUL Veal n0ah" <bryonveal@msn.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] West of the Mississippi advantage?
From: "Richard F DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:00:41 -0500
I'm not saying I feel bad about it.  Its a simple fact.  Winter propagation
favors longer distances with long skip.  Long skip typically favors hams in
the west part of the country where the skip zones on 10, 15, and 20 favor
hops into population center.  This is the same logic that is applied with
Sweepstakes.  The difference in Sweepstakes being that multipliers and
stations are worked once per contest, whereas multipliers and stations are
worked once per band.

Stations on the east coast (mid atlantic) have equally long propagation
during NAQP, but this  means we work stations in Arizona, Colorado,
California, and, well, California...

73 Rich NN3W