Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestion for NAQP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestion for NAQP
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:35:56 -0500
Joe:

Good thought, but look at results from  2010 Winter CW NAQP and tell me
how many station were on from the Nova Scotia, PEI,
Newfoundland/Labrador, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut ?  Or the "rare" states,
SD, ND, etc.?

Operators from these places were encouraged to be on because they knew
they'd be "rare, sought out, multipliers."   Any XE operator "knew"
he/she'd be "just another XE station."

The Federacion Mexicana de Radio Experimentadores seem to have really
"plugged" for their members to get active in the recent ARRL 10 Metre
contest.  If the same encouragement was available and worked for NAQP,
we might have 2/3 or more of the 31 estados from Mexico represented.

Another question:  "Why does a casual suggestion generate such 'heat'?"
Is the "status Quo" so sacred?  Why not let the Rules Committee do its job?

73 de n8xx Hg