Re: [CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ

To: <w5ov@w5ov.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 19:19:59 -0400
Re:  "I have found in nearly 40 years of playing this game that the top
competitors have always shared their information with each other and
anyone else who asked. No one should object because no one should have
anything to hide."

1.  So if all anyone has to do is ask, WHY are you demanding that my log be
made open to the public WITHOUT ASKING?

2.  Why do you presume that someone is hiding something because they prefer
not to open their logs to the public, regardless of what their reasons may
be?

I really dislike this assertion that nobody "should" object.  No dissension
at all is permitted?  Really?

When people, even if it is a minority, are being forced to do something and
they are not even allowed to object, we have a real problem.

And don't tell me that we have the option to not send in logs.  I've already
been told by one major contest organizer that since I don't turn in logs to
his contest (because of my objection to open logs, and to my being told that
my only option is to not send them in), I have forfeited my right to comment
on anything involving his contest... including the open logs issue.  So my
options seem to be agree & shut up, or boycott & shut up, but either way, my
concerns are disregarded.  Nice.