Re: [CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:18:57 +0100
On 10/08/2011 00:33, Kelly Taylor wrote:

<snip>

> As we have seen, open logs did not put the matter to rest, and neither will
> open UBN reports.
>
> Not sure why people are so convinced there is unfairness anyway.

There is unfairness because there is nothing special about
contesting that makes it different, in this respect, from
other competitive activities.

Most competitive activities are closely regulated - with
drug tests, referees, umpires, recordings, and penalties
and appeals - but not amateur radio contesting.

When logs conflict, errors are not always at the receiving
end, and log checkers sometimes make the wrong call.  Open
UBN reports will help, especially if released before final
results are posted.

73,
Paul EI5DI