Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Chea

To: "'Peter Voelpel'" <df3kv@t-online.de>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Chea
From: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:38:35 -0500
Peter,

We're not discussing those with physical challenges such as you are
mentioning nor are the rules written to address these sorts of exceptions.

The contest is as follows: (from cqww.com)

CQ WW DX Contest Rules 2011
SSB: October 29 - 30 CW: November 26 - 27
Starts 0000 UTC Saturday Ends 2400 UTC Sunday

The contest ends at 2400 UTC Sunday. (Or, 23:59:59 really)

Clearly, if someone does no logging at all during the contest, and begins
the logging process after the contest ends, he is not logging during the
contest.

Such a practice would extend the contest period for that operator and is not
permitted in any document I have ever seen for any contest.

73,

Bob W5OV