Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Chea

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Chea
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:48:49 -0500
Interesting scenario. My opinion, like yours, is that QSO's should be
logged as they are made.

But how would someone prove, disprove or even check for such an
occurrence? It seems impossible to verify that any of the myriad of
contesters in a major contest did not do this.

In all the VHF contests I operate portable from some hilltop or other.
I log on paper. A computer is just too much in the situations I am
sometimes presented with. It has rained/iced/snowed/thunderstormed on
me more than once and this year in the Sept weekend of the 10 GHz
contest, all of my equipment got wet. One year I did try a computer in
the January contest and the screen was so slow in changing that I gave
it up and went back to paper logging. I convert my logs to computer
logs when I get home. Several others do this in these VHF contests.

73, Zack W9SZ