Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Chea

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Chea
From: Luc PY8AZT <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:25:20 -0300
Jorge,

You are right. Contesting is getting older, just like many contesters.
I can not understand why changing is so hard for CQWW guardians.

It's clear we have two kinds of "clients" on the game.
- The casual contesters
- The serious contesters

Those clients demands are different. There is no one big enough
umbrella to cover them all.

Casual needs be stimulated to get into the game, there is no cheater
on this group. Just innocent players. If a casual contesters cheat
there is no impact on the results.

The serious contesters group is where all honorable and disgusting
operators are. How to spot how is how on the game? Harder rules. And
stronger/painful punishments for those trying to make the Top 5 by
breaking/blending the rules.

Bottom of line: with one simple rule for all, we are penalizing casual
Ops and let the cheater have fun on contests.

73, Luc
__
PW7T Team member
WRTC.2010 Brazilian Team Leader
PY8AZT (also PT7AG, PX8C, ZZ8Z, ZY7C)
LABRE, ARRL, CWJF & Fortaleza DX Group Member