Re: [CQ-Contest] PTT inhibit

To: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>, <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PTT inhibit
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:43:10 -0500
With the Winkeyer, you can use the PTT lines.

MFJ makes a CW keyer, the 495, than can be manually keyed and has
programmable keying delay.

DX Engineering has a sequencer that passes through PTT lines or CW with
delay.

The Winkeyer I had nothing to do with. The last two, I designed specifically
for radios that do not include a delay.

This all makes wiring complicated compared to the radio doing delay. A
better hope is that Elecraft changes firmware for the delay, because it
really is a good idea to have adjustable TX delay or inhibit that does not
alter the CW.

My antenna switch controllers are Ameritron RCS12, which lock off the
amplifier for pre-programmed times, and have internal band decoders to
prevent picking the wrong antenna. This prevents operators from damaging
relays.