Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer had finally arrived

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer had finally arrived
From: Keith Thomas <kdtbikes@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 03:56:28 -0800 (PST)
I play around in contests and had a good time in the one this past weekend.  I
don&#39;t use skimmer, but with my FT-2000 it is easy to zerobeat using the
visual indicator.  I did hear some of the hordes that came down on some
stations and usually passed them by as I did my S&P.  I am sure I zerobeat
others.   Is there a recommended offset that should be used as a general rule
in contests to avoid zerobeating and causing issues?

Keith KB3ILS