[CQ-Contest] HA: CQ Magazine Award Policy for Remote Base Operations

To: "'Barry Merrill, W5GN'" <w5gn@mxg.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] HA: CQ Magazine Award Policy for Remote Base Operations
From: "Vladimir Sidarau" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:37:49 -0400
Sanity at last.
So far I don't recall any statement on availability of a license granted by
local authorities to a foreigner to operate a local station from abroad.
Gents, just be careful, this question is still in the gray zone... The
recent dreaded DJ6SI experience should warn you.

Having dealt with respective authorities before, I am not really sure, they
would ever allow or accept transnational remote operations at all.
Why?
Simply refrain from considering the remote operation from a point of view
of, say, a USA licensee using a remote station elsewhere. What if somebody
from another smaller country (I try to be politically correct and don't
mention what shape of country it could be) wants to establish a remote
station in the USA? Will FCC accept that?

At this stage I think, remote operations might be allowed to a foreigner
provided, he/she has a legal address in a country of remote station
location, as well as  a normal local license has been granted upon passing
respective exams. But first, a legal mechanism has to be established for
that.

73,

Vladimir VE3IAE

---