Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine Award Policy for Remote Base Operations

To: Ken Widelitz <widelitz@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine Award Policy for Remote Base Operations
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:38:02 -0400
Interesting, Ken....

Just to clarify a bit further, I'm going to assume this means that you CAN
operate from a different country than the physical station, and that you
CAN receive trophies or certificates for a CQ-sponsored CONTEST
operation, BUT, you cannot apply for any other CQ Award (WAC, WPX, etc)
unless you both operate from, and have a station in,  the same country?
Is that how you guys are understanding this?

Wow, that's threading the needle...

Interesting that the Cabrillo format does not have a overlay for
COUNTRY-OF-OPERATOR... So, how does one know if the Op was remote or not?
We know, usually, because the op tells us.  I know of quite  a few people
who DX across country borders remotely, but keep it quiet.   This is
impossible to enforce.

73, Gerry W1VE/VE1RM

(Ken, hopefully fibre or something decent will get out to West Prince -- I
think only wireless internet or Bell Aliant DSL now -- both not fast enough
for decent contest-capable remote operation.)