Re: [CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP
From: Eric Rosenberg <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 07:27:12 -0400
George,

I think you've missed the point in this discussion.

No one is asking that DC be called or considered to be a state. We aren't.

All we are asking is that in contests where the multiplier is
state-based and not ARRL section based,  the District of Columbia be
called and considered a multiplier equivalent to a state, US- or non-US
governed  DX entity (e.g., Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands, both of
which send delegates to the Congress).

Call it a 50 +1 contest.

To those who say it will invalidate past records and scores, all I can
say is that the Roger Maris asterisk argument has been proven to be
silly and otherwise meaningless.  It doesn't seem to have impacted the
contests that have added DC as a mult. ARRL 10, RTTY Roundup and DX, and
CQ 160.

My question to you and those who oppose this rule change"

Why are you against it? Isn't the lure of another mult to chase of
interest as it is for the new VE and XE additions?

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC