Re: [CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP

To: "Milt -- N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>, "Paul Stoetzer" <n8hm@arrl.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DC and NAQP
From: "Jim Jordan" <k4qpl@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 11:52:15 -0400
Actually, that's not as far out as it may seem at first glance. I recall
several years back I had to go through a separate process to get a judgment
levied on a resident of the Lumbee Nation here in North Carolina. The deputy
sheriff in the county in which the reservation exists was not permitted to
serve papers there. I'm sure it's an even bigger deal out west.

The definition of being a separate political entity within the federal
system and having a degree of self government applies equally to the tribal
nations and the inhabitants of the District of Columbia as well as the
residents of the 50 "states". Other than having moved there, is there a
reason of affinity which explains why the Washington football team has such
a non-PC name???

I suppose if there are active contesters in the reservations and they asked
to be treated as a "state" for NAQP purposes, I'd support their application
also, but not simply to create an expedition entity. DX entities is a whole
'nother proposition and I'll decline comment there.