Re: [CQ-Contest] Idiom Press

To: "David Gilbert" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Idiom Press
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:51:29 -0400
By the way, I have next to zero faith in the majority of eHam.net reviews. Below average products often get rated a 5 and rarely is there any kind of objective comparison to anything ... specs or other products. But one day a couple of years ago I waded through a ton of reviews to see what caused people to give ratings of 1 or 0 for various products. Invariably those low ratings were given for poor customer service ... sometimes for slow delivery but way more often for simple lack of communication.

I watch eHam reviews and have noted the same thing........... plus other things.

Something that really has no ill effect can skew a review to a low number, and things complex to install or use can get a bad review, and often shipping damage is attributed to product design.