Re: [CQ-Contest] Why ARRL SSB Contest is Not My Favorite

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why ARRL SSB Contest is Not My Favorite
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:38:01 -0600 (CST)
Eh.

No disrespect to KF2O or anyone else responding intended or implied, but...

No contest, or for that matter no operating event, will be all things to all
people. Any given one will appeal to some, be of interest to others, and be
totally without merit to others.

So it goes.

All I can tell you is, I had fun. I didn't have as much BIC time as I'd hoped
for SSB, and conditions and other factors had a hand, so I didn't meet my
personal goals for the station this time around... but I had fun.

Best part of the SSB event, to me, was having KB3ERQ come over. Ben's helped me
operate in the DX contests before, but always as a logger or an observer. This
time, though, he was present as with a 6 day old CSCE and a /AG after his call
on HF. So I let Ben run solo for a few QSO's. He had a lot of fun, and he will
be back, on his own, in future contests. (I just hope I didn't cost myself an
operator for my M/S team!!)

And isn't that the whole point? To have fun?

73, ron w3wn